Hello friends and welcome back! This week felt like it flew and it was a good one! I got a little time to refuel and if I’m being honest, I struggle with doing that sometimes. I love taking care of those around me and forget that I have to take good care of me too – so this week was definitely good for my soul!
Now onto this sweet project… Earlier this year I came across this pillow at Urban Outfitters and I loved it. It had my favorites – texture + neutrals! It wasn’t in the budget, so I went to making my own version.
Here is how easily you can make one as well! You will need:
- Fringe Trim (amount will depend on what size pillow you use)
- Sewing Machine (but you could do this by hand with needle and thread instead if you wanted)
- Sewing Pins
- Pillow Cover
Here is how you will make the cover…
- Layout the fringed trim facing out. And then begin cutting to size…
- As you cut, make sure to also pin so that it stays in place. I separated the three rows of trim on each side about an inch from the beginning and end (as seen above).
- Carefully sew down the edge of the trim (stitching and back stitching at the beginning and end).
There you have it!
It makes such a fun statement for a low cost.
I have moved it all over our house but it has been my favorite in Everly’s room lately.
Mixing a little bit of elegance with organic texture is always a good idea!
I hope you enjoyed this easy project and maybe you will try it out yourself one day too!
Thanks so much for stopping by today, I always appreciate it~