So as much as I loved baking all the festive treats during the Christmas season, I needed a break too. After some time away from all the sweets =), me and my youngest were ready to bake again!
We had some more crescent roles to use (you can find the chocolate rolls here) and my girl was asking for something with berries. So we improvised…
We took the refrigerated rolls and turned them into heart shaped pies. With Valentines Day around the corner, these would make a perfect treat.
Here is what you will need…
- Crescent Rolls
- Jam (we used strawberry)
- Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter
- Non-stick cookie sheet
Here is how you will bake them…
- Preheat oven according to the instructions on the package.
- Lightly flour a surface and use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out shapes from the dough.
- Take a small teaspoon of Jam and place it in the center of each heart.
- Then top the hearts with more dough like a sandwich.
- Gently crimp the edges with a fork and to close each heart.
- Bake according to the package instructions.
- Let cool.
- Dust some powdered suger on top (optional)
Thanks so much for stopping by and make sure to check out The Inspiration Gallery later!