During this time of year, I am grateful to have a little extra spending money because I have my birthday and Christmas days apart. I hold on to some of it to spend throughout the year as I find things later on and I typically spend a little right after the holidays. One of my favorite ways to do that is to take a trip to Ikea =). We took a trip there recently and I got a few new things to add to my collection…
I have favorites and certain things that I am always on the lookout for when I go shopping there. I thought it would be fun to share with you what they are – in case you have never been (although I am sure most of you have). These are more general in nature, but I have pictures to go along with each category.
- Ikea has great little plants – faux and even real! I really enjoy thier faux versions basically because they don’t die, ha! This one up above has moved all throughout the house and lately has found it’s home in our kitchen.
PILLOWS, PILLOWS AND MORE PILLOWS
(Sweater, floral and plaid pillow are all from Ikea. Copper tray is from Painted Fox – link in sidebar).
- If you are a regular visitor to zevy joy, then you know how much I LOVE pillows! Most of them are from Ikea and the best part is they sell the most affordable covers/inserts. It makes changing around decor simple and pretty.
(Plaid and cream throw are both from Ikea)
- Blankets and throws are right up there with pillows! They have great texture, patterns and you can’t beat the price.
(Some wooden utensils and kitchen towels from Ikea)
- I know I am repeating myself here, but their kitchen tools and basics are low cost/quality. They have fun classic kitchen towels, wooden utensils, dish brushes, dishes, etc…
- These shelves helped pull our kitchen together. They are sturdy, industrial in style and… inexpensive! There is a wide variety of styles and prices.
(Drawer organizers and bath mat from Ikea)
- I rarely share glimpses of our bathroom, well because it is our bathroom and it is too tiny to photograph. Here you can see how sweet and small it is! Since it is such a tiny room with little storage I have to get creative. Ikea has tons of organization tools, dividers, baskets and more to choose from.
- Let me start by saying that lately, ever time I post a picture, I notice a lego lying on the floor… evidence of toys and real life here. Now back to chairs. These wicker chairs have been all over the place at our home. They are fantastic and truly comfortable. There are lots of chairs to pick from there and many that will fit any style home.
- Last, but not least, are thier rugs. This is just a $3 kitchen rug (that also comes in many colors) that I turned into a purse (you can find the tutorial here). There are high end rugs and then there are choices like up above.
As you can see, our home is filled with lots of Ikea. It is a treat to visit there and an quite excursion! These opinions are truly my own (I was not compensated in any way to share). Hope you enjoyed reading about and seeing my favorites and I would love to hear about yours!
Thanks so much for stopping by…