Here is what you will need…
– 1 cup of uncooked rice/2 cups of water
– 1 Tablespoon of Sesame Oil
– 3 cloves of minced garlic
– 1 cup of diced carrots
– 1cup of frozen peas
– 6-8 eggs (whisked with 2 tablespoons of water)
– 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce (I tend to eye ball this amount)
– optional 1 cup of chopped and cooked chicken
Begin cooking your rice first (most rice recipes call for a 2 to 1 ratio). Warm the seasame oil in a sauté pan on medium low and then add the garlic. Sauté the garlic for 5 minutes and add the carrots/peas. Once all veggies are tender push them to one side of the pan and then add the eggs. Scramble the eggs on the opposite side of the pan. By this point your rice should be done. Add half of the cooked rice (you can use it all if you enjoy this dish to have more rice than anything else). Begin mixing in the soy sauce. I tend to eyeball the sauce at this point and usually add more than I stated before because I like it saucier. If you are using chicken this would be the time to add it in. I hope you try this recipe out and thanks for stopping by!
Side note – I did not make a new menu plan this month – I ended up using October’s again and am playing around with some new recipes I will try to include in December’s plan.