This delicious chicken salad is perfect for a summer picnic!
Summer Chicken Salad!
Another summer recipe on our monthly meal plan is Chicken Salad. This salad is not the traditional version of some chicken salads but incorporates ingredients we buy for the month. Plus it includes lettuce from our square foot garden. Hope you enjoy and thanks for stopping by!
– 4 cups chopped lettuce
– 1/3 cup chopped almonds (cashews would work too)
– 1 cup of shredded chicken
– 1/2 cup of grapes (halved)
– 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise (we occasionally will substitute with Greek yogurt)
– 1/3 cup shredded cheese of choice (we use pepper jack)
– salt and pepper to taste
Mix the chicken, mayonnaise, halved grapes, almonds, salt and pepper in a bowel. Once mixed, add the chicken salad on top of the bed of lettuce and sprinkle with cheese. That’s it – super simple and affordable!
– This meal serves our family of 4