Hello friends and welcome back today! I am sharing a quick and easy pink lemonade recipe with you that was inspired by the pink lemons I recently picked up at Trader Joes a while back. I couldn’t resist buying them when I saw them in the store and we finally prepped them up for a tart and sweet summer treat.
To make this lemonade (pink or regular) you will need… (Please note this makes about 2 full glasses of lemonade).
- Lemons (I used about 10 small pink lemons)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 honey
- 1/2 cup water
- sugar for the rims of the glasses (we had some fun green sugar we used)
- Additional water to make the lemonade a little less sweet (this can be to taste)
Like I said, I found these pink lemons but regular would work just fine.
- Slice your lemons in half.
- Juice the lemons into a measuring cup.
- Strain the pulp and the seeds.
- Meanwhile, lightly boil the sugar and water in a saucepan. When it is combined/thickened and makes a simple syrup, then pour the honey into the syrup.
- Let it cool.
- Mix the simple syrup and the lemon juice. Stir well and chill or add ice.
- Sugar the rims of your glasses and enjoy!
The kiddos sure seemed to approve and I liked adding the honey as it is always a nice alternative to sugar. It does change the color of the lemonade a bit, but I am ok with that =). Can’t wait to see you at The Inspiration Gallery later this afternoon. Thanks for stopping by!