Hey all, I feel like these past couple weeks have been a quiet little season here before the busiest season of all. Some days I think I should be doing more and checking more off my list, but then I remember that it is ok to enjoy the calm and allow myself to recoup for all the holiday festivities on the way ;). All that being said, last week I shared this fun floral pumpkin on Instagram with some other friends who shared their pumpkin decor. As I put this small project together I kept track of the process so that today I could share how to make a floral pumpkin too!
You will need a pumpkin (faux would be fine too), a pumpkin carving knife, smaller vase (that will fit inside pumpkin), florals and twist ties.
Here is how you will make this festive pumpkin creation (mind you, I am certain I am not the first to use this method, nor do I think I invented it)
- Carve the top of the pumpkin lid off (I traced around the size of my square vase so that it would fit inside).
- Scoop the seeds out of your pumpkin.
- Place your small vase with water inside the pumpkin so that it sits as flat as possible.
- Fill some low hanging foliage along the bottom and into the vase.
- Now start building height in the arrangement. I wanted this to look like one of those fun angled/organic looking floral creations, so I had a bunch gathered together and angled from the top.
- Keep filling in the height with assorted greens. This is where I used the twist tie to help keep things shaped or standing the way I wanted them. I tied them together and they were stronger for it.
- Lastly, fill in with flowers and shorter pieces. It’s never too late to stuff something in there and play around with it! In my opinion, sometimes the messier the better…
I found flowers and varieties that I don’t always use and I had fun trying out new things with this arrangement. I find that some of the specialty grocery stores have some unique affordable options!
I hope you found this helpful and maybe you will try it out with the upcoming season.
In fact, this is a peek at how I arranged flowers for a little holiday spread I’ll be sharing next week!
And because candlelight/fall go hand in hand to me ;)…
I’ll leave you with this ambience to complete the post. Thanks for stopping by friends!