Hello Friends and welcome here to those of you who are coming over from Janet at Shabby Fu Fu! I am humbled to have you visiting me today as I join some talented ladies and we do a bHome For The Holidays Tour.
I wanted to focus on some simple ways to dress your kitchen up for the Christmas season and then show a fun twist the loved gingerbread house.
There are some easy ways to add Christmas cheer to your home and here are some that I enjoy doing!
Baskets – filled with decorative linens or varying holiday greens…
Wreaths – can take the place of a tree when there isn’t enough room and add a wonderful traditional elegance…
(Wreath from Michaels)
Signs – declare beautiful messages or favorite Christmas hymns. They can speak to our heart just as food can speak to our souls ;)…
Mini Trees – take the place of spring time plants and add life to whatever surface you place them. I love tucking them into little corners or shelves here and there.
Seasonal Fruit – is a perfect nod to all the delicious baking and cooking that goes on throughout the month. It looks pretty and is vibrant on the table or island.
And don’t forget the baking or goody making! We recently made a little twist on the gingerbread houses seen all around. Last year I tried this idea out and I thought it would be perfect to share the Smores Houses with you today!
You will need:
- Graham Crackers
- Frosting (we used both chocolate and vanilla)
- Varying chocolates (squares and chips)
- Mini marshmallows
- Shredded coconut
- Icing (I actually used some from a different gingerbread kit but I am sure you can buy this separately too).
Here is how you will put these sweet houses together! (Please note that this gets quite messy and it was not as tidy as most of the photos I share with you – but we had the best time making them! 😉
- First you will line 3 graham crackers out and then frost the back of a 4th one and use it to adhere the 3 together.
- Make 2 of the 3 pieced walls and then 2 of the 2 pieced walls.
- Layer on frosting to your plate where you will begin to build the house.
- Build up your walls (with frosting in between) and then give the top support with more frosting and graham crackers.
- Carefully put 6 graham crackers on top for a roof and spread a thin layer of chocolate.
- Organically spread out the mini marshmallows for a snowy top.
- Now use your icing to add detail and cover up some of the mess, lol…
- You can take chocolate squares and make them into a front door.
- Please note that the top roof will get heavy and soften from the frosting so this house will not last for extended days…
And there you have it and holiday cookie house using all the ingredients of a campfire favorite! I hope you enjoyed these little tips and Smores House. Don’t forget to enter the giveaway (details below) and visit the rest of the beautiful tour – Redhead Can Decorate is next on the stop! Thanks so much for joining me here!
~ Now to enter to win the $250 Git Card to Farmhouse Refined ~
Simply pop on to bHome and TAP the star for Farmhouse Refined you will be automatically entered.
You’ll also get a message confirming you are entered. Even easier now – only one TAP to enter!
Don’t have bHome yet? ( very naughty! ) Download it for free to your phone or ipad and then follow the simple step to enter.
(USA residents only – winner randomly chosen on 12/9 and notified on app & email )
Enjoy bHome, enjoy the Tour and most of all enjoy the Holidays…