These are the best candy cane cookies you can make!
The baking has begun around our house and I couldn’t be happier. Everything just smells, looks and tastes delightful this time of year! These candy cane cookies are no exception. I have been a part of cookie baking days and baked many of our holiday goods all at once, but the last couple years I have just baked a day here and a day there (freezing some as I go) and have enjoyed that tradition too. Of course this time around I had a little helper by my side. I have to say that I LOVED this cookie recipe! I adapted my version from Healthy Liv here. It is simple, uses easy ingredients and requires no mixer – which means quick clean up!
Here are the ingredients…
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg and 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 cups and 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 1/2 cups of unwrapped/coarsely chopped white chocolate candy cane candy (or really any chocolate based candy). I used Hershey Kisses Candy Canes here.
Here is how you will bake these delicious cookies…
- Warm oven at 325 degrees.
- Melt the butter (I did this in the microwave at half power intervals). Let it cool a bit.
- Mix the melted butter with both the sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Next mix in the vanilla and egg/eggy yolk.
- Combine the remainder of dry ingredients until it forms a dense dough.
- Throw in your white chocolate candy cane candy.
- Using a scoop, form balls (should make about 18 large cookies)
- Bake in the oven for aproximately 13 – 15 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
I had some help unwrapping the candies we used. She may have even snuck a couple =). That beautiful sign in the background is from Between You and Me Signs and they are currently offering you 15 % off when you use the code ZEVYJOY15.
Stay tuned for our Inspiration Gallery this afternoon and thanks so much as always for stopping by! I love having you here!
Leave a Reply