When decorating our home for Christmas this past season, I was looking for fun ornaments we could make ourselves. I had searched the internet and saw this picture here. I decided it would be fun to make these into larger tabletop decorative pieces.
So I adapted the idea and figured out how to do it using only two materials and costing about five dollars.
Here is how you can do it too!
- You will need a package of gold or silver straws (if you are wanting your shape to look like metal – or else you could do any color of choice), a matching pack of chenille stems and scissors.
- Now take a few chenille stems twisting them together to create one long stem.
- String on several straws and form a triangle.
- I kept attaching triangles on top of one another (attched by the chenille stems) and then combined two pyramid shapes together making a diamond.
- You could get more complicated than this, but it was tiring my brain out think about the math. Let’s just say that Geometry was not my strength in school days – ha!
- This whole project took maybe ten minutes.
You could group several together or hang some on the wall. I like keeping mine here with our antique books and rustic wood frame.
(DIY faux antler tutorial here)
This guys has started to follow me around when I take pictures. I think he enjoys being the focus of attention… but who could say no to these puppy dog eyes?