Ideas And Activities To Do As A Family!
Easy Ideas/Activities For The Family When Bored Or On A Rainy Day!
Hi there sweet friends… Blogs are a beautiful way to come together and I am grateful to have this time with each of you. When we have extra time at home I like to have some easy things to turn to that we can enjoy as a family. That is why I joined some of my blogging friends to come up with ideas/activities that we can enjoy! I tried to compile ideas that were family friendly and didn’t involve screen time either. I broke it all up into 4 categories and linked up (affiliate links) where you can purchase supplies for some of these ideas online without having to leave your homes. Some of these are activities I have created here on the blog and can be adapted to whatever season. Others include our very favorite games or miscellaneous homeschooling tools etc…
- Cupcake Liner Flowers (cupcake liners here/here)
- DIY Doormats (door mat/paints)
- Geometric Heart Art (straws/chenille stems)
- String Art (string/nails)
- Pom Pom Garland (moms/string)
- DIY Cards (blank cards/construction paper)
- Pom Pom Flowers (yarn/stems)
- Painted Canvas’ (canvas/paints) We love to paint around here and I find that we can repaint over the canvas with a solid color to start fresh once we let old ones dry. We recycle our canvas’ and use them over and over (unless my kiddos really want to keep their finished piece of course).
- Jewelry Making (bead kits) – this is a go-to in our house. Wether they are making jewelry or keychains etc…
- Ticket to Ride First Journey
- Catan Junior
- Dutch Blitz
- Q & A 3 years/365 Questions
- Build Your Own Boardgames – my kids love to use cardboard and craft supplies to make their own special board game. It is really neat to see what they come up with!
- Flower Cookies (cookie cutter shapes)
- Linzer Cookies (Linzer cookie cutter)
- Spritz Cookies (Cookie Press)
- Cookbook Experiments – Grab a cookbook and have the kids pick a new recipe to try together.
- Cupcake Wars at Home – We love this show and I have been thinking it would be fun to do a version of our own baking competition at home. Everyone could come up with their own creative challenge.
- School Projects/Resources (Amanda Garcia Resources) These are excellent interactive projects for engaged learners! Example shown below here….
- Books on Tape (Audible and Libby app). My kids love books or audio stories and enjoy them while coloring or doing simple activities such as art or sticker books.
- Science Experiments – so many fun examples can be found online easily.
- Organized School/Crafting Workspaces (I’ll share more about how we have done this sometime soon!)
Thanks so much for joining me today and thank you to Rachel at Shades of Blue Interiors for putting this all together! I hope it was helpful to you all and please take care. I will be back tomorrow and would love to see you here!